Sunday 20 November 2011

Birthday treats

Today, I am twenty-six (I won't say how old that seems!). I've been through quite a bit in my twenty-sixth year, so decided to take it easy this weekend. I'd planned to drive and visit my parents and see my best friend & lovely Godson, but, two days ago, I started getting bad pains in my lower abdomen and my appetite disappeared. By Saturday morning, the pains had worsened, output was watery and my stomach had become painful and tender, so I couldn't drive. This left us on our own at home; an even more quiet birthday than planned.

I'm pleased to say that my pains have eased today, so we've been celebrating with a bit of champagne, chocolates, a few slices of pizza and lots of horror movies (most starring Peter Cushing, Christopher Lee and Vincent Price). Not the birthday I'd planned, but a very pleasant one nonetheless. I'm looking forward to seeing family this time next week, when hopefully these random symptoms will have disappeared for good.

This little chap, a birthday present from a good friend, has been sitting beside me throughout the weekend; isn't he great?


No comments:

Post a Comment