Tuesday 15 May 2012

Insufficient vocabulary

My Inflammatory Bowel Disease has led to my learning lots of new vocabulary - mostly medical terminology - but this morning, I found myself in the awkward position of trying to work out how to tell my boss that, "I haven't called in yet, because my rectal stump is causing me problems." 

Words failed me.

In the end, I ended up giving a little too much information, but I was anxious about calling in to work from home without a clear and valid reason. Fortunately, my boss is great and very understanding and we just laughed it off, but, for just a moment, I was so embarrassed, I wanted to cry.

Instead, however, I watched a few wonderful videos from http://www.girls-with-guts.com/ and had a good chuckle. Those girls are great!

No comments:

Post a Comment